With proper goal alignment, each person within an organization can clearly see the direction of the business and understand how the activities he or she is engaged in contribute to meeting the overall organizational goals. However, goals need to be tailored for each functional area (department) because each area contributes differently to the overall goal attainment.
In this assignment, you will:
- Develop a mission statement.
- Create a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis.
- Devise a business strategy based on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis.
- Develop organizational-level goals.
- Develop departmental-contributor-level and individual-contributor-level goals aligned with the organizational goals.
The company is a small, young consulting firm that hires recent master of business administration (MBA) graduates. Its niche market is consulting with small to midsized manufacturing companies on environmentally friendly (green) initiatives.
Its major competitors are the large consulting houses that primarily service large corporate clients and are very expensive. Until recently, the company did not see a viable market in green consulting. It is now beginning the venture into green consulting. Its approach is to retrain its senior consultants and approach its existing clients.
Create an organizational mission statement.
- Construct a fictitious competitive strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis.
- Develop a business strategy to gain a competitive advantage based on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis.
- Select two departments For each department:
- Create two departmental goals that support the organizational goal.
Note: Most departments have subunits within them (For example, accounting departments have subunits such as accounts receivable and accounts payable).
- Create three goals for two different individuals who work in those departments. Also, complete the following:
- Briefly describe each individual’s role (job).
- Follow the SMART goal format to create the goals.
View a Sample Answer to this assignment or order a unique answer at an affordable price.
Order Unique Answer Now