Entity Relationship Diagrams Assignment Instructions
Overview of business case:
Handy-Trady Hire (HTH) is a home repair company that employs several contractors who specialise in different areas. Contractors have a specialization in any of the following areas:
- Cabinet making
- Landscaping, plumbing
- Driveway sealing
- Roof cleaning
- Interior & Exterior painting
HTH started as a small family business and for the past five years has been managing their business activities using an Excel spreadsheet. With view to their expanding business and under the new management, they decided to investigate the option of implementing a database system. Accordingly, they hired you to design a relational database to better track and record their operational data.
HTH discovered business rules/constraints for your ERD:
- A customer calls HTH to request a home repair job:
Details about the customer and the requested job need to be recorded. (2 marks)
- Each tradesperson specialises in only one trade, and details of their trade and the date acquired need to be kept on record. (2 marks)
- HTH has several trucks (including equipment) and allocates a truck for each tradesperson to do a job. Although some tradespersons have their own truck and equipment and advise HTH about this, so not to be assigned a truck. (2 marks)
- A requested job may require different specialisation depending on the job type – that is, a job may require more than one tradesperson to complete. (4 marks)
- At a later interview with the manager you learnt that HTH appoint one of the tradespersons to supervise others and oversee the work done by the other tradespersons. (1 marks).
- Also HTH wants to keep records of how the customer was referred to them – by what source (ie- TV add, Friend, Internet, etc.) (2 marks).
- Customers have the option to make partial payments for a service, as long as they pay no later than one week after the completion of any service — Details about each payment relating to a service, amount of payment and date need to be recorded. (2 marks)
Create an Entity Relationship Diagram for each of the above statements that describe the current business rules for HTH. For each new statement being the business rule, extend the Entity Relationship Diagram to include the additional business rule in the ERD (created in previous point – for example; B will include A&B, C will include A, B & C, etc.)
Use Crows Foot notations and include all the following in each part:
- All entities with Primary key and any foreign key attributes;
- The relationships between entities;
- The cardinality and optionality of each relationship;
- Any M:N relationships are be resolved to 1:M relationships
This assessment item is designed to test your understanding of basic database design and modelling concepts and your ability to interpret business rules into an Entity Relationship Diagram. Additionally, your ability to apply correct relationships, constraints, cardinalities/optionality and the use Crows Foot modelling notations are tested.
Would you like help the Entity Relation Diagrams Assignment? Kindly click the Order Now button to place your and we will deliver a high quality and plagiarism free paper within your set deadline at an affordable price.
Order Unique Answer Now