Research your state’s statutes that regulate health care professionals, including licensure, credentialing, certification, and registration requirements. In addition, research areas of potential criminal liability relating to these procedures, as well as professional misconduct. Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word paper that summarizes your findings in relation to one type of health care professional, such as a physician, nurse, pharmacist, or nurse practitioner. Include the following components:
Order Unique Answer Now
- Identify the civil complaint process for patients or consumers to use in the event of suspected professional misconduct or incompetence.
- Explain the role of the respective regulatory agencies in investigating allegations and determining and applying any appropriate disciplinary action.
- Identify potential criminal liabilities for the health care professional that are related to abuses perpetrated in practices involving these procedures, as well as professional misconduct.
- Describe appropriate risk management strategies and quality assurance programs to reduce the risk of liability and negligence.
- Explain the process to follow in the event that criminal charges were filed for the described criminal behavior.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.