The Great War had raged for more than three years on the European continent before the United States entered the conflict in 1917. A key issue facing the American Expeditionary Force (AEF) was how its hastily trained and inexperienced troops would be utilized in conjunction with its exhausted British and French allies. The amalgamation of the Americans into French and British units proved to be a significant point of contention in the relationship among these three countries. In your paper, address the following questions:
- What was the concept of “amalgamation?”
- Why did both Pershing and Wilson oppose this?
- What were the views of both the French and the British on this idea?
- How was this issue finally resolved?
- In your opinion, was the resolution of the amalgamation of American troops effective? Why or why not?
The paper must be at least three pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least one scholarly source, which can be found in the Ashford Online Library, and the textbook to support your points. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page.