Choose one work of art by your artist that is on view in the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Using the research skills you have developed this semester, write a 4-5 page essay about that work of art. Your essay should be in 12-pt Times New Roman font with 1? margins on all sides, double-spaced, and stapled.
Before our field trip, please go to Philadelphia Museum Art Website to find the galleries where works by your artist are on display.
- Your research paper should use ALL of the scholarly sources you identified in your paper proposal.
- You must cite all information that you obtained from another source, whether the museum label, a book, a website, or a scholarly article, using accepted style guidelines (Chicago, MLA, or APA).
- You must cite sources within your text using footnotes or parenthetical citations, depending on your preferred method. Be consistent!
- Your paper must also have a Bibliography at the end, listing all sources that you have used in the paper. These entries should be formatted correctly according to your chosen bibliographic format.
- Quotations: You may only use ONE quotation, and it must be no longer than three lines long.
Order Unique Answer Now
- Your paper must have an introduction, where you identify the work of art you will be writing about, as well as a clearly stated thesis statement.
- In the body of your paper, provide a visual analysis of your artwork, focusing on Context, Subject, and Style. Be sure to make points that support your main argument.
- Conclude with a paragraph that sums up your argument and restates your thesis.
- A thesis statement. A thesis statement presents your original argument or idea about the work of art, based on what you have learned in your research and on your observations in the museum. This thesis statement will form the foundation of your