There are a variety of communication modalities available to health care consumers and health care providers. These modalities and venues of communication may entail benefits and challenges to both consumers and providers.
Select one communication modality used for marketing in health care.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper about a communication modality used in health care. Include the following in your paper:
- Identify one specific mode of communication used by consumers and health care providers, such as e-mail, a web-based forum, or electronic medical records.
- List and discuss the following:
- One benefit to the patient
- One aspect relating to the values and importance of maintaining patient confidentiality when using this mode of communication
- One reason this mode is an effective means of communication between consumers and providers
- How does this mode of communication differ from others?
- How might media and social networking change communication in health care?
- How is this mode of communication used to market health care products or services, if applicable?
Include a minimum of three peer-reviewed references, not including the textbook.
Format paper consistent with APA guidelines.