Advanced Business Systems (ABS) is a consulting and staffing company providing specialized staffing and consulting services to clients in a variety of different industries. It has offices in major U.S. metro areas and has ongoing relationships with Fortune 500 companies. Its areas of service range from software development and network engineering to geo-information systems. It has fifty (50) plus regional offices in U.S. and five (5) offices in Canada. It plans to expand to other countries in the future.
When an ABS client company determines that it will need a contractor or temporary professional, it issues a staffing request against the contract it had previously negotiated with ABS. The contract manager in ABS reviews the staff request and ensures that the request is valid with its current contract with its client from the database.
- If the request is not valid, the contract manager sends the staffing request back to the client and explains the reasons and asks for the need for starting a new contract.
- If the request is valid, the contract manager will start recruiting requests by putting the request into its staffing database. The staffing request is then sent to the ABS placement department.
In the placement department, the placement specialists will check the job requirements and candidates’ qualifications.
- If there is a qualified candidate, the specialist will notify the candidate and put a note in the database.
- If a qualified candidate cannot be found or is not immediately available, the specialist notifies contract managers and recruiting department; the recruiting department starts searching outside immediately.
The recruiting department normally has thirty (30) days to find an outside candidate and send the qualified candidates to the placement department to review. If an internal qualified candidate is confirmed with his / her availability, the confirmation will be sent to the arrangement department. In the arrangement department, the candidate works with the specialists to further confirm the placement details, such as starting date, location, compensation (e.g., per diem), and travel arrangements. The final confirmation will be sent to the client along with a billing schedule. If the client agrees with the arrangement, he/she acknowledges the arrangement with contract managers in the contract department. The contract manager then puts a memo into its database and closes the request.
Note: You may create and/or assume all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Develop at least two (2) use scenarios of the user interface design process.
- Draw a Window navigation diagram (WND) that deﬁnes the basic structure of the interface through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Design a storyboard of the interface design. Note: Submit a screenshot or image file that shows your work. The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Create windows layout diagrams for the user interface based on the use scenarios through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Develop an HTML prototype of the user interface.
- Develop a set of real-use cases for the user interface.
- Explain how to modify the interface designed for regular PC running Windows when designing the user interface for a tablet, such as an iPad.
- Speculate on whether ABS should consider using any social media sites to generate more revenue.
- Explain the design principles and the steps for the design process if ABS has a global audience.
- Explain the nonfunctional requirements for ABS and document those requirements in the requirement document.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe how societal mores and social media impact the design of human-computer interactions.
- Describe how to gather nonfunctional requirements and their importance for overall IT project success.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in procuring and designing project requirements.
- Write clearly and concisely about project requirements and design topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.